09 February 2009

Thing 25: Blogger's Toolkit

I added the snow effect and the Picasso painting a day widgits to my blog. I also added one of those map things that tells me where the people that look at my blog are from. I am not sure if I installed it right because no one has looked at my blog yet. But I hope it works, we did this same thing when we created a wiki for our Teen Read Week and it was neat to see that for some strange reason, a lot of people in the UK were looking at our site. I am curious to see who will look at my blog but I am sure it will probably just be people in the program.
I am not much of a fan of clutter and it seemed like a lot of the things you could add would be just that. They seemed fun but unnecessary to me. I spent almost an hour and a half looking over all the widgets but honestly, I got bored and thought that there were much better ways to spend my time. Although, they seem fun and cool on blogs or whatever, they don't seem to have much importance to me in the library setting.
I was not as big of a fan of this thing as I have been of other ones. I did add a few things to my blog, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got sick of them and took them off in the future. I do really like the snow effect thing though, I wish the snow would pile up on the bottom of the screen, that would be a neat effect.

No comments: