10 February 2009

Thing 26: Join the 23 things Ning

I joined Ning in the 1st round of 23 things. The first time that I had an experience with it, I just browsed around and didn't do much to my page or add friends or anything. This second time around, I changed the appearance of my page, added a picture, added some friends, and commented on a friend's page. The only group that I joined in Ning was the 23 things group. I don't really see myself using Ning on a regular basis or really getting involved with it at all. To me, there are so many social networking groups that in order to be an active member in all of them, I would have to be on the computer all the time. I could see the forums being a useful thing for connecting with other librarians. I read a post someone had put up about recommendations of books for high school students. They wanted to know if anyone had any other websites that were useful. I could see these forums as a benefit for the workplace especially for smaller libraries that may only have one librarian and so no other way to connect and ask questions.

2 comments:

beans said...

I can't remember what font I used on all the other posts...this one looks weird!!

Megan R. said...

I think usually it's Arial and this one looks like Times New Roman, but now I can't figure out how to change it.