21 May 2008

Thing 4: Flickr


I have heard of Flickr before but i had never used or seen any of it before. I chose the option of looking at pictures and exploring what other people have already added to the site. I always try to bring my camera with me and intend to take some pictures but I always forget about taking them. I was pretty excited and almost got lost in all the beautiful sights that I saw.
I enjoyed looking at the Clemens and Alcuin libraries sites. I thought that it was a good idea to showcase what they are doing and what their patrons are doing. If gave som
e inspiration for what we can do at our library. I especially liked the edible book gallery that they had. I loved seeing what everyone came up with and their creativity was amazing. I could see this as being benefical to show the community what is going on at their local library and perhaps draw in more people to use the resources available.

I do not use another photosharing site although I do have a variety of photos o
n my facebook page. It is simply because I am lazy and some of my most prized photos are in print not digital form. I think that if I took the time to take more photos than Flickr or something like it could be of great use to me.

I searched using various methods while I was perusing the site. I looked photos up by dates and of course searched my birthday and I came across this gem of the chalk cliffs by penwren.

I also searched by tag words. I searched tettegouche, the state park that we are
going camping at later this summer. I found some very colorful and interesting pictures of mushrooms in this search. The one on the left is from the photographer Yar Matey and the one on the right is from the photographer snowbud7.

No comments: