28 May 2008

Thing 9: Online Collaboration Tools

I had a hard time with this thing. It was all very confusing and I decided to only check out the Google Docs program. I had heard through the grapevine that Zoho Writer was very hard to work with and I didn't want to set up another account.
I thought that Google Docs was easy to use and navigate but in the context of the document that we were all collaborating on, it seemed messy. I think that this would be useful perhaps if you were working on a school project with many different people working on one document. But I think that even then, it can end up being messy and unorganized.
I think that our Founding Fathers would be over joyed at the participation that we as citizens of this country are taking. On the other hand, I think that it may make them a little bit mad to see us messing with a document that they worked so hard and long on.

No comments: