27 May 2008

Thing 8: Share your creations

I chose to look into the Databases and to start my own database with the Lazybase program. I thought that it was very easy to use and understand. Without much knowledge of how to create my own database, I was able to navigate and create, without any trouble, a database about Fargo Restaurants. I can see the relevancy and why the would be useful for both library and personal use. The slideshows are good for sharing your own photos with friends and family as well as sharing pictures of library events on a library website or blog. Or even to attach a database of various books on a library or book club website. It would allow people to know what other people are reading and what they think of the books. I would recommend the Lazybase website for its ease of use and clarity. I haven't looked into the other tools much but I would recommend the slideshow tool for presentations. I have had a lot of experience with Powerpoint and from the little bit that I read about how to use them, they seemed very similar to one another apart from the mobility of the web presentations. I do not have much experience with other tools that allow sharing of creations over the internet.

No comments: