04 June 2008

Thing 13: Productivity

I chose to use the iGoogle start page because I am most familiar with the Google name and I already had an account with them. Since I have used other products by Google, it was easier for me to navigate my way around the site. I got pretty excited creating my start page at work and was looking forward to going home to put it on my personal computer. I didn't get a chance to last night but definitely tonight. I think that it was very informative and easy to get the information that I am interested in without actually typing in a site or searching the internet.
I think that the start pages would be useful for a library, we could have the news readily available. I also looked into the list websites and I think that those would also be useful for the library. A list of tasks or various research questions could easily be found and completed and then checked off the list. The list feature could also be helpful for a reading list or a book club. I tried out the Remember the Milk and I found it to be easy and fresh. There were a lot of clever things that you can do with this application and I can't wait until I can use them in my personal life.
The online calender is already in use at our library and I think that it is a great tool. Here, we record and keep track of the meeting rooms and various groups needing to use them. I think that they would also be helpful for a family to record and color code all events and appointments that are going on. Personally, I kinda wish that I had an online calender type of application when I was in college. It would have been very helpful to keep track of when I had to start certain projects and when things were do. Right now, my schedule isn't too hectic and I can remember everything or I have it written down on a little planner that I keep in my purse. But I think that I will definitely put this application to use when the time comes. Come to think of it, the online calender and the Remember the Milk will come in very handy planning my upcoming wedding set for next summer. I just thought of that and now I am very excited to get home and get using these productivity tools to organize and make everything easier for myself and Kevin.

No comments: