16 June 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity

Almost everyday at the library I use the databases to help customers with their inquiries. I find them to be very useful and wonderful in that information is well organized and readily available. For this thing I chose to do the NetLibrary option. I think that this is a great resource other than the fact that the eaudiobooks cannot be listened to from an ipod. But nonetheless, I have helped customers with other mp3 players get onto this database and they love it. I do like the options of saving it to a favorites and the ability to make a note with the file. A lot of times just flagging the item would not trigger your memory at a later date of where you were in the file and what you were using it for. Also the option of having a shared favorites list or reading list is also a good way to keep in contact for projects or reading groups or basically any situation in which sharing book or audiobook related information would be useful.

No comments: