26 June 2008

Thing 23: The End

Well, I am finally done and I must say that I had a grrrreat time learning all of the new things and brushing up on my knowledge of things that I already use. I think that this was a most wonderful experience and I would love to do it again and learn about more of the things that the internet has to offer. I know that new things come about everyday and I will try to keep up on what the new trends may be and what our patrons are most interested in. I know that at our library, we are trying to see what the patrons want and get more knowledge so that we in turn, can teach classes or help them out with any questions that we may have.
I had a patron tell me yesterday that its only a matter of time before libraries don't exist anymore. I simply answered him by saying that libraries will always be here, they just may look different and offer different services. I think that libraries are an integral part of a society, we house information and technology that people use in their everyday lives. We are a meeting place, a place to learn, and a place to discover. We, as librarians, must also learn and discover and I think that the 23 things exercise has been a great way to open our minds to new things and to give us the momentum to go out and discover new things that are unfamiliar to us. 23 things gave us the encouragement to try and just play around. Thumbs up!

No comments: