08 May 2009

Thing 42: Music 2.0





I have used and continue to use Pandora.com on a regular basis. I have found that they are quite accurate with their similar artists and I enjoy the variety and mix that I get from them. I don't think that this internet radio is much of a threat to broadcasting because there are still many areas in the United States and throughout the world that do not have internet access. It is also a lot less expensive to buy a radio than it is to buy a computer and internet service. I do think that internet radio is having an effect on broadcasting just the same as the internet is having an effect on virtually everything. It is allowing and providing a more personalized and self-catered service that the broadcasting and other medias are trying to catch up with.
I also played around with the widget that I installed on my blog. I did not agree with the genres that they had tagged to some of their songs and stations. But overall, it was easy to use and easy to install on my blog.

No comments: