06 May 2009

Thing 36: Comic Relief- Generate some fun

\Zombies!!!!\



Being the huge nerd that I am, I loved the notepad generator and the cornell note taking generator. I got excited to make personalized stationary and could see how it could come in handy if I was still in school or needed such item. There seem to be a lot more things out there, mainly on the internet that allow people to easily organize and keep track of things. These definitely would have come in handy back in the day. I also loved the dewey decimal generator. Trying my full name, I was 189 Medieval Western Philosophy. When I put in just my first and last name, I was 079 Newspapers in other geographic areas. I was very amused by this generator and could see this become an almost addiction for the nerdy librarian in me. I also checked out the braille generator which i thought was neat. I looked at the XtraNormal website where they convert text to movie. I didn't want to create an account so I was not able to view my movie but it was interesting. I liked the ToonDoo and I think that I may just have to check that one out again and make soem cartoons from scratch. I am sure that I am the only one that will find them funny but I will be laughing out loud at my own jokes. I think that it would be neat for the library to have a weekly or daily cartoon created by the staff on the website. I think that patrons would like the personal touch and it would give them a way to get to know their librarians better. Other than this, I don't see how any of these generators could be used in the library but they are good for entertainment.

No comments: