07 May 2009

Thing 40: Mashup the Web.

I am kinda confused about mashups they in theory make sense but some things just don't seem like they would be mashups to me. I looked at the booktour mashup, this was an example of something that didn't seem like it belonged and it wasn't the most useful. It seemed just like a database of book tours. I also looked at the lunchtour one and was kinda excited until I saw that there was nothing for our area and then it didn't seem nearly as cool. I was intrigued by the wheel of lunch and may just have to check out this site again. It was very cool but again I am confused as to why this is a mashup. I took a glance at the interestingness website and found some pretty cool pictures. Here is one of my favorites: http://interes.tingness.com/image/3507839564 you should check it out. In theory I thought that the last.fm+youtube sounded cool but it was not working when I tried to use it. The letmegoogleitforyou I thought was just kinda weird and didn't really have a point. I also tried to do the crime reports one and there was nothing for this area. I did the map mashup and made a map of places I have been:

Places I Have Been.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com


I don't really see the use of these things in the library nor in my personal life. They just make things more confusing.

No comments: