12 May 2009

Thing 47: Evaluation

Well, I have finished the More things on a Stick. I have to say that I liked the first round of 23 things on a stick a bit better than this addition. I think that I learned more on the first go but maybe that's because it was all new and this round was more of just additional points and features. There was a lot of things in this round that just didn't really apply to the library setting and I saw them as more of waste of time or something that I would do in my personal time not necessarily for work or on work time. I did, however, really like the economy thing. I think that this was very helpful in the current state of the economy and of my own life. I think that for personal reasons (I am getting married this weekend) I have had other things on my mind and have not really given some of the things my all. I have been in a hurry to finish towards the end and have been kinda doing the bare minimum to get it done. The ending definitely snuck up on me this time. I think that last time, I was a bit more excited and was very interested to do all of the things. This time, I forgot about it for awhile, or got sidetracked and I think that this may have slowed my determination and motivation. Overall, I think that this is an excellent program and its great to get the word out about new things on the internet and the new things that our patrons are interested in. It keeps us on top of things and better equipped to deal with any problems or questions that may arise.

No comments: