04 May 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

What does your Twitter page say about you? How does it reflect your personality? Have you given people enough information about you so they have some sense of who you are as a person?

I had heard about Twitter before I created my account on the previous Twitter thing. I was excited to create an account and to be involved in this online sensation. I now use twitter on a pretty regular basis. I tweet about how i'm feeling, what i'm doing or about something cool that I saw on the internet and want to share. I have started following alot of celebrities and people that I admire. Its cool to become a part of their daily lives (almost) or at least to see a part of their lives that you might not normally have the access to. I have not found a whole lot of my friends and no family that I know of uses twitter so its become kind of a little different and almost a secret thing that I can vent into or use to say things that I might not otherwise say. I would say that I am in the microblogging stage. Although I am not constantly or daily updating my status, I try to as much as possible and I have 1x1 conversations with other peeps. I think that twitter is an excellent way to connect and to get your ideas and thoughts out there. I think that it is connection. Although I may be a little technology phobic when I think of being able to tweet from phones and many other devices. I like my phone to be used for calling people and texting directly to another phone. I don't have internet access on my phone or a full keyboard and I will resist this until its humanly possible. But I do like twitter and I will continue to use and communicate through it.

No comments: