08 May 2009

Thing 44: The Economy

I LOVED this thing. It was great to see something that is very useful in our everyday lives and those of our patrons. I am getting married next week and we would like to buy a house this year. We are trying everything that we can to save money and to get rid of our debt. There were some great tips on the 75 frugal things website and I have been looking for a good coupon website for a long time now. I remember that there seemed to be more coupons available in the Sunday paper than there are now. I used to sit down with my brothers and we would clip coupons for an hour every week. I am glad to see the promotion of growing your own vegetables as well. If we get a house this year, I will be out there next summer with enough vegetables to feed a small army. I was very interested in the cashcrate.com and the potential for extra income that it promises. I liked the websites and videos explaining the financial crisis that we are in, there are too many people on the news blaming everyone else that I was never entirely positive on what actually happened. There isn't necessarily a website that I would like to share, but more of an idea. I think that along the Farmer's Market line, more people should invest in Consumer Supported Agriculture (CSA). They offer a ton of local fruits and vegetables to their members throughout the summer at a VERY reasonable price. One near you can be found at localharvest.org. You can also find pick-your-own places on this website wher you can save some money and have some cheap entertainment doing so.

No comments: