05 May 2009

Thing 33: Travel 2.0

I have done a lot of looking at travel sites in the past. The last dozen trips or so that I have gone on, I have done all the planning and booking online. I think that it is great that we are able to access this information online and to take care of virtually everything. I only recently have gotten into the sites that go over traveler's reviews and advisory. I checked out a couple of the sites that were on the list. I had been to tripadvisor.com before and i think that it mixes well with the other planning sites such as expedia and travelocity. I have read reviews about hotels on travelocity and expedia and thought that those were helpful but I really liked how tripadvisor.com goes into more detail and seems to be a lot more helpful. I also checked out farecast.com and looked up some flight costs from seattle to fargo. I was a little disappointed that I could not get the cost forecast feature on these destinations but i am sure that is just for the major airports and destinations. I also checked out the blog My Kugelhopf and I absolutely loved this!! I think that I am going to have to live vicariously through this blog. The pictures were amazing and the words were very well written. It was a great advertisement for the areas that she had traveled to. I think that this is the sort of advisory that I would find most helpful. If I had the means to do a big trip, say to Europe again, I would definitely check out this blog or one similar to find places of interest to visit.
At the library, we get questions about traveling and about travel guides. Our library has decided against purchasing more travel guides since they are so expensive and they need to be updated quite often. These are great resources to provide for patrons. In fact, at our library, we are providing a class this summer about travel resources and websites. I think that many of these will come in very handy.

1 comment:

Manoj Sharma said...

Special offers and deals available on our web site, for our collection of the worlds best beaches and hotels.

Volunteer Honeymoon